September Current Affair 2018
Current Affairs 26th September 2018
- Number of women pilots doubles to 1,000 in 4 years in India.
- India-Afghanistan Asia Cup match ends in a thrilling tie.
- Saudi Arabia open high speed rail linking Islam’s holy cities.
- CCI agrees to resolve Sindh, Balochistan water crisis.
- Canada joins multilateral move to send Venezuelan government to International Criminal Court.
Current Affairs 25th September 2018
- Former diplomat Seema Elahi Baloch has been elected as new chairperson of University of Health Sciences.
- Raja Jalal appointed as new Gilgit-Baltistan governor.
- Maldives opposition candidate Saleh claims to win presidential election.
- Zulfi Bukhari assumes charge as PMs special assistance on overseas.
Current Affairs 24th September 2018
- Asia Cup 2018: India beat Pakistan by 9 wickets and BAN won by 3 runs against Afghanistan.
- Forigns Minsiter Shah Mehmood leaves for US to attend UNGA.
- Hockey team coach Roelant Oltmans resigns over poor results.
- Iran closes two border gates to Iraq after attack on military parade in Ahvaz.
- Saudi woman becomes first female news anchor.
Current Affairs 23rd September 2018
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guards threaten to avenge military parade attack that killed 25.
- Nine terrorist killed seven troops martyred in North Waziristan operation.
- Firdous Shamim Naqvi resigns as PTI Karachi president.
Current Affairs 22nd September 2018
- Vietnam President Tran Dai Quang dies at 61.
- Pakistan re-elected to IAEA board of governors for 2 years.
- Withholding tax rates on banking transactions over Rs. 50,000 a day has been increased to 0.6% for non-filers.
- Pakistani student Zahra Hussain wins top prize in Commonwealth essay competition.
Current Affairs 20th September 2018
- Ex Malaysia Prime Minister Arrested for $628 Million Corruption Charge.
- Pakistan court orders release of Nawaz Sharif, Maryam, Safdar.
- Asia cup 2018: India beat Pakistan by 8 wickets.
- Canada has removed Islamabad from the list of “avoid non-essential travel” cities.
Current Affairs 19th September 2018
- Asia Cup 2018: India vs Hong Kong India won by 26 runs.
- PM Imran Khan arrives in Madina on offical tour of Saudi Arabia.
- Zulfi Bukhari appointed special assistant to PM.
- Syria accidentally shot down a Russian military plane 15 killed.
- Dozens of IS fighters arrested in Kabul.
- Prime Minister Imran Khan changes the portfolio of State Minister Murad Saeed.
Current Affairs 18th September 2018
- President Pakistan Arif Alvi addresses at joint session of Parliament.
- Asia Cup 2018: Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka: AFG won by 91 runs.
- PTI Governament presents mini budget today.
- Remembering Ustad Amanat Ali Khan on his 44th death anniversary.
- Syria war: Russia and Turkey to create buffer zone in Idlib.
Current Affairs 17th September 2018
- Asia Cup 2018: Pakistan crush Hong Kong by 8 wickets.
- Southwest monsoon to affect Luzon on September 17.
- Pakistan’s army chief visits Beijing after Silk Road tension.
- Egypt arrests ex president Mubarak’s sons for embezzlement.
- 20 injured as Peshawar bound train derails near Attock.
Current Affairs 16th September 2018
- Pakistan’s first Christian advocate general Salman Talibuddin appointed in Sindh.
- Israeli munitions company to open firearms plant in the Philippines.
- Pakistan Air Force chief Mujahid Anwar Khan honoured with ‘Turkish Legion Of Merit’ award.
- Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi embarks on maiden on visit Afghanistan.
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka by 137 runs.
Current Affairs 15th September 2018
- Farooq Sattar resigns from MQM-P coordination committee.
- Asia Cup 2018: First match played between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Kulsoom Nawaz laid to rest thousands attend funeral prayers.
- Sindh govt allows 15 years relaxation in age limit for jobs.
- Salman Talibuddin appointed as country’s first Christian Advocate General.
- Three paramilitary troops martyred two injured in Balochistan blast.
Current Affairs 14 September 2018
- Pakistan Hockey Federation removed Naveed Alam.
- 3 soldiers embrace martydom during military operation in North Waziristan.
- Punjab govt paying Rs8 billion in subsidies for metro bus projects.
- Sohail Tanveer makes historic record in T20 international cricket.
- Samarkand hosts India – Central Asia Dialogue ahead of Uzbekistan President’s Delhi visit.
- Serena hosts 1st PAF-Serena Hotels Karakoram Marathon award ceremony.
Current Affairs 13th September 2018
- 12 new ministers inducted into Punjab cabinet.
- BAP’s Sarfraz Bugti elected as Senator from Balochistan.
- UMT founder Dr Hasan Murad dies in car crash.
- Afghanistan: Death toll soars to 68 in suicide bomb attack.
- Air India to start Mumbai-Frankfurt direct from October 16.
- India beat Pakista 3-1 to reach SAFF final.
Current Affairs 12th September 2018
- Begum Kulsoom Nawaz passes away in London.
- Balochistan cabinet approves Rs8b plan to bolster Levies.
- Canada has removed Islamabad from the list of “avoid non-essential travel” cities.
- SC refuses to interfere with Jammu and Kashmir’s DGP appointment.
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber kills 32 in attack on protesters.
- Japan three year cancer survival rate at 71%.
Current Affairs 11th September 2018
- Mengal assails tug of war for Balochistan ministries.
- ECP releases schedule for KPK by elections.
- PTI candidate Shaukat Yousafzai wins PK-23 Shangla seat in re polling.
- North Korea 70th anniversary military parade 2018.
- US clears further E-2D Hawkeye package for Japan.
- German pop star Daniel missing after falling overboard from cruise ship.
Current Affairs 10th September 2018
- Arif Alvi sworn in as 13th President of Pakistan.
- 1 soldier martyred 4 terrorist killed Awaran operation. ISPR
- PM of Breakaway Georgian Region of Abkhazia dies in auto accident.
- At least 17 people, including 3 children, killed after small plane crashes in South Sudan.
- Amir Khan scores unanimous points win over Samuel Vargas in Birmingham.
- Missing HDFC Bank Vice Presidnet found dead.
- Two ministers inducted into Balochistan Cabinet.
Current Affairs 9th September 2018
- EAC in disarray as Dr Imran Rasul resigns from his post.
- President Mamnoon Hussain bids president house goodbye.
- PM Imran decides to induct four more ministers in federal cabinet.
- Alastair Cook announces retirement from international cricket.
- Haseeb Paracha promoted to Air Marshal rank.
Current Affairs 8th September 2018
- Leading economists Atif Mian, Asim Ijaz resign from Economic Advisory Council.
- Federal Govt Finalzes name of Kaleem Imam as New IG Sindh, M Tahir Punjab and Salahuddin KPK.
- Chinese Foreign minister arriving in Pakistan today on three day visit.
- HDFC vice president goes missing from office in Mumbai.
- Miss America contestant: President Trump ‘has caused a lot of division in our country’.
- All PCB Chairman Advisors relieved of their duties.
Current Affairs 7th September 2018
- Governor Balochistan Muhammad Khan Achakzai resigns.
- Grant Bradburn appointed Pakistan cricket coach fielding coach.
- Bangladesh beat Pakistan in SAFF Championship 2018.
- ANP’s Ibrar Khalil gunned down in Peshawar.
- Hamza Shahbaz appointed opposition leader in Punjab Assembly.
Current Affairs 6th September 2018
- Nation celebrates Defence Day with patriotic spirit.
- Major typhoon kills 11 and paralyzes swaths of Japan.
- Shah Farman, Sarwar take oath as KP, Punjab governors.
- Afghanistan Conflict: Bombers kill 20 at Kabul sport club.
- IAF MiG-27 fighter jet crashes in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur, pilot escapes unhurt.
Current Affairs 5th September 2018
- PTIs Dr Arif Alvi elected Pakistans 13th President.
- Ehsan Mani officially elected PCB chairman.
- Two miners die in Balochistan coal mine.
- Dipak Misra recommends Ranjan Gogoi as next Chief Justice of India.
- Australia’s economic growth jumps to 3.4 per cent in the June quarter.
- Topu, Sufil on target as Bangladesh beat Bhutan in SAFF Championship.
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo reaches Pakistan today.
Current Affairs 4th September 2018
- ISIS suicide attack 9 killed in southern Iraq.
- Afghanistan Terrorist and Osama Bin Laden firend Jalaluddin Haqqani has died.
- Arab Coalition intercepts missile fired at Saudi Arabia.
- Pakistan Air Force takes part in Radom International Airshow in Poland.
Current Affairs 3rd September 2018
- Habib wali Muhammad 4th anniversary observed today.
- Ali Raza Abidi quits MQM-P for not being allotted ticket.
- Moldovan Helicopter Crashes in Afghanistan, Killing Ukrainian Crewmembers, Afghan Soldiers.
- IND vs ENG: England beat India by 60 runs, take a 3-1 unassailable lead in five-match series.
Current Affairs 2nd September 2018
- PTI’s Awais Dareshak elected unopposed from PP-296 Rajanpur.
- Son Heung-min spared military service as South Korea take Asian Games gold.
- Govt appoints BPS-21 officer Afzal Latif as CDA chairman.
- Ishrat Ali takes over as DG of passport department.
- Economic Advisory Council Established at National Level in Pakistan.
- Tahira Safdar takes oath for Chief Justice of Balochistan High Court.
- PM Imran Khan launches ‘Plant for Pakistan’ campaign (September 2).
- Pakistan Temporarily closes Jalalabad Consulate in Afghanistan.
Current Affairs 1st September 2018
- Justice Tahira Safdar — the first woman chief justice of a high court.
- 30 years old Kashmiri women named Iram Habib becomes 1st commercial Pilot.
- The Girl with 12 Toes: Swapna Barman from Jalpaiguri wins Asiad gold in Jakarta.
- Pakistan Defeats Hong Kong in Asian Games Base Ball.
- Pakistan Defeated Japan in Asian Hockey Semi-Final by 1-0.
- Pakistani young man Aslam Khan won full marathon in mens category.